Pignolata {#25recipestoXmas}

by cakeduchess on December 14, 2012 · 17 comments

pignolata-1
I am very happy to be guest posting today for the lovely Roxana, from Roxana’s Home Baking. She was one of the first food blogger friends I met when I started my blog.

If you haven’t met Roxana yet, you to pass by her blog today and visit. You will get lost there. Her blog is filled with her incredible baking. Her layer cakes are heavenly and her breads are fabulous!

Please go on over to Roxana’s Home Baking to see the recipe for this typical Sicilian Christmas sweet treat: Pignolata (Honey Balls). Prepare to drool over all the incredible recipes you will see while you are there!
pignolata-3
Buon appetito!

25-Recipes-to-Christmas

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie December 14, 2012 at 3:26 pm

I’ve never seen these before, but they are certainly pretty!

LunaMoth December 14, 2012 at 3:51 pm

we make these every year for christmas, in fact we just ate the last batch and have to make more!

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking December 14, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hi Lora,
Thanks so much for bringing this treats to my #25recipestoXmas. I love them. That honey glaze, oh my! and the sprinkles put everyone in the holiday spirit.
Hugs,

Lorraine Joy Alegria-Vizcarra December 14, 2012 at 6:42 pm

Those look so good:D

Helene Dsouza December 15, 2012 at 10:38 am

Oh so nice to see you 2 teaming up. I respect and love both your works and then you come up with such a pretty dangerous treat. Just awesome Lora!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) December 15, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Oh these look wonderful, heading over to the recipe now! :)

Lisa December 15, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I made this several years ago after trying it many times at countless X-Mas parties when dating a guy who lived in a predominantly Italian town. Suffice it to say..it didn’t turn out as pretty as yours..but it was sticky, delicious and fun! I’m assuming it’s similar or the same as struffoli, depending on the region of Italy?

Kate@Diethood December 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I love these treats!!

lapiubelladitutte December 16, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Oh my god, they do look yammie! In Greece there is a similar kind of desert too!!

Carol | a cup of mascarpone December 16, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’ve been eating these my whole life, Lora!!! They look perfectly wonderful!!!

Brian @ A Thought For Food December 17, 2012 at 1:12 pm

See, I feel like I’ve been missing out because this is the first time I’m hearing about pignolata. They look magnificent. Heading over to check them out.

Bunkycooks December 17, 2012 at 10:38 pm

These are beautiful, Lora and so festive for the holidays! I wish I was your neighbor so that I could see these gorgeous creations in person and be able to enjoy some of them with you and your family. I cannot wait to see what you create next! Happy Holidays!

Nancy Baggett December 17, 2012 at 11:24 pm

They look just fabulous. That said, I admit I am very hungry :-)

Addie K Martin December 18, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Wow, these look great. I love honey and Italian desserts :)

vanillasugarblog December 19, 2012 at 1:31 am

boy if that doesn’t bring back memories of my Italian neighbors.
I have never made these….and my hubby is Italian, I should get on that.

Jamie December 19, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I saw these on Domenica Cooks and was intrigued… and still am. They look festive and fabulous!

Mari Núñez February 11, 2013 at 5:11 pm

These look exquisite! I also stopped by to send you some hugs. Have a blessed week.