Wordless Tuesday- NYC Green Market

IMG_1782

IMG_1785

IMG_1790

IMG_1776

IMG_1780

IMG_1777

I was going to originally make this a Wordless Wednesday post but thought why not post it on a Tuesday instead.;) This past weekend we had the opportunity to spend some time in New York City with my family. I haven’t experienced real fall weather in years. It was such a treat to feel the cool and crisp air on the morning we were walking to the Union Square green market in the East Village of NYC. The produce was incredible. Carrots and potatoes of every color you can imagine. Some colors I’ve never even seen here in Florida. There was amazing cheese to be sampled and freshly baked goods. Pumpkins were to be found on every angel of the market in every shape possible. I hope you enjoy some photos I took as I strolled around trying not to lose my family (it was packed with people!). I’ll be back on Thursday with a recipe. Do you have a post with photos of a green market? Link it up in your comment-I’d love to see it!

xo Lora

Vicki @ WITK October 23, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I love the union square green market! Instead of going there this saturday though, we went to the Halloween dog parade in the East village. It was amazing in a whole different way! :)

Lora CakeDuchess October 23, 2012 at 2:17 pm

hi Vicki-We did see some pups all dressed up that day;)

Helene Dsouza October 23, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I wish I could have joined you, thats a food paradise!! While looking at the ornamental pumpkins, I had some photo shooting ideas. unfortunately we dont get these here. Lucky you! ;)

Lora October 23, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I love this market. It’s about 6 blacks from my apt and I don’t get there often enough. Lovely photos.

Cookin' Canuck October 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Oh, how I miss this market! We lived in NYC for a few years and I headed to this market whenever I could. Your photos brought back some very good memories.

Lyndsey Chapin October 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm

What a great time to be there! We don’t get to see piles of squash and such here in Florida! I love those carrots too!

Shulie Foodwanderings October 23, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Love this post Miss Lora. I was in Union market I think last winter. Was kinda gloomy, scarce but I love how it came alive! A perfect weather and bountiful season to visit. :) Never thought of it I must be taking it for granted the distinct seasonal change! Lovely trip you had there girl!

Barbara | Creative Culinary October 23, 2012 at 5:18 pm

So interesting to see the abundant market right next to tall buildings; great shots Lora.

Laura (Tutti Dolci) October 23, 2012 at 8:59 pm

What an amazing market!

Just a Smidgen October 24, 2012 at 2:13 am

That is probably the most incredible market I’ve seen.. in real life or in photos, lol! I can’t believe the size of the veggies.. and the colors and massive bunches of carrots, the squash.. I really enjoyed seeing your market today!

Jamie October 24, 2012 at 12:17 pm

I have never ever been to the Union Square market in all the years I lived and visited and your photos have made me push it to the top of my must-visit list for the next trip. Gorgeous day, fabulous trip, lucky you!

Bunkycooks October 24, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I love New York and Boston in the fall. So happy for you that you were able to make the trip with your family. It’s one of the best times to travel there.

Brian @ A Thought For Food October 24, 2012 at 12:47 pm

So wish I could have been down there to explore this with you! Love the markets in New York.

Lizzy Do October 24, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Such a fun weekend! Just look at all that gorgeous produce!

Lisa October 25, 2012 at 3:16 am

Beautiful photos! I guess you did make it out of the the Statue of liberty lol I wish you could have stayed longer. Hopefully you’ll be back soon. xoxo

Baker Street October 25, 2012 at 9:46 am

What a gorgeous market! Your photographs are simply amazing, Lora! Thanks for sharing your pictures of trip over the weekend :)

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen October 25, 2012 at 10:13 am

I wish I had this kind of market everyday. Incredible produce! Glad you enjoyed good weather Lora!

Xena October 28, 2012 at 12:16 am

These pictures are wonderful. I wish I had been there. The Union Square Market is one of my favorite NYC spots. I write about my finds at one of my other favorite (much smaller) farmer markets here: http://bowlfulofcomfort.blogspot.com/2012/10/farmer-market-finds-mushrooms-apples.html

Jen Laceda | Tartine and Apron Strings October 29, 2012 at 4:52 am

I LOVE Union Square Market! Beautiful produce all around! I really do miss NYC :)