Silent Sunday: End of Summer

bch4

bch7

bch3

bch8

bch2

bch6

Sometimes weeks can go by and we don’t get a chance to visit the beach. It’s hard to believe, as we live minutes from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. But you see, life gets in the way. School is starting back this week and the beach will once again not be a priority for me. But these last few weeks, I’ve made it a priority and took the time to enjoy some lazy days with my family swimming and looking for shells. On one of these scorching hot summer days, the kids struck gold and not found only one, but two shark teeth! I was a little more apprehensive to go back in the ocean after we found the teeth thinking its owner could be not too far away.
I hope you enjoy the last days of summer and are finding the time to enjoy peaceful moments doing what you love.
xo
Lora

The F Girl August 19, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Looks like a wonderful time on that beautiful beach. Enjoy the new school period!

Shulie August 19, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Nice end of the summer photo montage Lora! Loving how you cherish those last moments before school starts with your kids!

Lisa August 19, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Beautiful photos to mark the end of summer. It’s sort of bittersweet and brings back so many memories of how I felt when summer was coming to a close when I was a teenager. As an adult, I say..Bring on the Fall! :)

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef August 19, 2012 at 10:27 pm

that’s it, I’m going to the beach today. I’ve said that every day upon waking – I’m taking the dog to the beach today and it hasn’t happened. I’m five minutes from the Pacific Ocean and I don’t get off my bum and go often enough. The dog will swim any time he gets the chance, regardless of the season so I’m inspired to do it today! Thanks :)

I love your photos.

Laura (Tutti Dolci) August 19, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I don’t want summer to end!! Lucky girl and your beach trips – I miss living near the ocean!

Jen @ Savory Simple August 20, 2012 at 12:01 am

I will miss summer! No matter how humid it gets, I love everything about it. Your photos are beautiful.

Reeni Pisano August 20, 2012 at 12:59 am

What a beautiful place! Glad you were able to enjoy it. I’m about ready for fall.

Lizzy Do August 20, 2012 at 1:44 am

Yup, life gets hectic once school starts. I’m glad you took some time for those peaceful moments with your family…such treasured moments~

Baker Street August 20, 2012 at 7:49 am

Great pictures, Lora! truly capturing the end of summer.