Summer Strawberry Cake-A Guest Post for That Skinny Chick Can Bake

by cakeduchess on June 8, 2012 · 13 comments

summer-strawberry-cake-1

I’ve had some wonderful things happen to me through my food blog in the last couple of years. I’ve cooked and baked some delicious recipes and I’ve come across incredible blogs filled with recipes I dream of making.

One of the blogs that has me dreaming often is from my friend Lizzy at That Skinny Chick Can Bake! Lizzy is a doll. She works so hard on her blog and fills it every week with countless desserts and even some wonderful savory dishes. Lizzy was one of my very first friends I met through my blog. She is a supportive friend with a  heart of gold. Lizzy asked my mom and I to create a recipe for her while she’s away on vacation.
I love baking with my mom but let me tell you, it gets a little loud. We bicker and we boss each other around. My daughter thinks it’s funny enough to put on You Tube. I really don’t find it that humorous.;) Besides all the silly banter, I adore baking with my mom. I learn so much from her and wish we did it a little more often. She was my first baking teacher and she is a constant inspiration to me. Thanks for doing this wonderful recipe with me, mom. And Lizzy, thank you so much for having us guest post for you today.
This cake is a stunning summer cake. Hop on over to Lizzy’s blog to get the recipe. You won’t be disappointed.

Karriann June 8, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Stunning indeed! There’s something about strawberry cakes that I can’t resist.

“Happy Cooking”

cakewhiz June 8, 2012 at 5:46 pm

i agree with you….lizzy is the sweetest woman ever! i enjoy her blog too!

your cake has me drooling…i have a weakness for strawberries and add that in cakes and i am in love! lol

Paula @ Vintage Kitchen Notes June 8, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Isn´t it amazing the great moments that result from having a blog? It´s so sweet that you and your mother have blogs. The cake looks stunning!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) June 9, 2012 at 12:49 am

What a beautiful cake & how perfect for summer – I can never resist strawberries!

Laureen June 9, 2012 at 3:08 am

very tasty looking, great when local strawberries are in season.

Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef June 9, 2012 at 8:25 am

Oh please, can we have the video of you and your mother :)

I love Lizzy too. She’s an amazing woman.

Becky June 9, 2012 at 11:31 am

Lora,

This is such a gorgeous, light cake filled with strawberry goodness!! I will definitely be trying this one. A great guest post with your Mom:)

Lizzy June 9, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Yikes…I wrote a comment and either blogger ate it or you’ll get 4 copies! THANK YOU for this marvelous dessert! I am blessed to have you and your mom as friends and would love to join you and bicker along with you in the kitchen! xo

Paula June 9, 2012 at 8:17 pm

It looks amazing and I think your daughter is right. A video of you and your mom baking together would be great. Going over to check-out your post.

Lisa June 10, 2012 at 6:36 am

I never had the experience of baking with my Mom because she couldn’t bake or cook, plus hated baking and cooking. However, I used to watch my paternal grandmother and her 8 sisters in the kitchen together as a little girl, and the bickering and snapping was funny and wonderful. Hopefully I’ll have an experience like that with my daughter one day. That said, this cake is beautiful. Love Lizzy and her blog so I’ll pop on over there to check it out in full!

Magic of Spice June 10, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Beautiful cake…will be over in a bit :)

Quay Po Cooks June 12, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Your mum is wonderful friend..You guys did a fantastic job. The cake looks stunningly beautiful. Like your mum, Lizzy is a kind and friendly blogger and I like her too. She is ever so generous to leave encouraging words on my post. It is great knowing all of you.

kareena Shaikh November 23, 2012 at 11:55 am

Very nice cake..Very delicious i will try soon.
Cosmetic Surgery India