Mango Jelly Roll-Guest Post

by cakeduchess on May 17, 2012 · 12 comments

mango-jelly-roll-3

You know my mango tree is just exploding with heavy mangos. The tree is so full that the lower branches almost touch the ground. I didn’t even realize that I had some mango jam leftover from last mango season.

My hubby was kind enough to remind me that I needed get baking with it soon! My mom asked me to do a guest post a few weeks back. I thought it was time for me to use up the mango jam she made for us.
At the end of every mango season you can find all of us in our kitchen in one big sticky mango mess. My mom, Fabrizio, and I are peeling and slicing. Mom is stirring the pots with the mangoes and sugar. The kids are nearby sneaking mango slices. ;) It’s become an end of summer tradition.
It’s such a pleasure to be guest posting on my mom’s blog. She’s an amazing woman and she was my first cooking inspiration.  She still inspires me every day with her creativity in cooking and in baking. I owe my love of cooking to my sweet mom. She’s taught me invaluable lessons in the kitchen that I am now teaching to my children.
The jelly roll is a recipe that brings back many memories for me. You can hop on over to Food and Thrift to get the delicious recipe. I’ll be back shortly with another sweet recipe for you to try.:)

Vicki @ WITK May 18, 2012 at 12:09 am

Awww, guest posting on your moms blog, that’s so sweet! :) I’ll go over and check out your recipe!

Paula May 18, 2012 at 12:24 am

I didn’t know your Mom had her own blog. Just went to visit your guest post and now I’m looking forward to following your Mom’s site as well. Love the look of this jelly roll.

Elisabeth May 18, 2012 at 12:30 am

Lora, I’m so thrilled to have you guest post for me, and to pick our favorite homemade mango jam that we make every end of the summer. The jelly roll with the mango jam is…was, amazing, and delicious!
Thank you so much for the fabulous guest post!
xoxo

Reem | Simply Reem May 18, 2012 at 4:35 am

Aww thats so sweet… guest posting on ur moms blog…
I had no Idea Elisabeth is ur mom.. OK I admit i need to be more present…
Heading over to check out ur post..

simple baking May 18, 2012 at 5:04 am

I’ve always been a big fan of your mom’s blog and her recipes, in fact I came over to your blog through her posts only. Such a sweet thought, baking with the jelly you made with your mom. Really an “Awwww” moment :D

Cake Duchess May 18, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Thank you:)She makes the best jams (and well, best any thing!:)Thanks for stopping by!!

Ilke May 18, 2012 at 10:53 am

That is so cute, I did not know your mom had a blog. I will go check it out :)

A multi-dimensional life May 18, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Hi Lora! I’m so glad to meet you! I adore your mom and I can see that great cooking and baking talent runs in your family! Your jellyroll looks wonderful and I can’t wait to hop back over to your mom’s blog to read more about it! Your blog is delicious! :)

Cake Duchess May 18, 2012 at 5:36 pm

thank you for stopping by and for the sweet compliment:)Nice to meet you here too!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious May 18, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I absolutely love making roll cakes. They’re so much more fun to eat than layer cakes. And can I just tell you how I jealous I am of your mango tree?!

Jennifer May 18, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Lovely! I’ve never actually tackled a jelly roll before, but I really want to. How fun to be able to post with your mom.

Lisa May 20, 2012 at 8:27 pm

I never knew your Mom had a blog! I can’t wait to sift through it – it looks fantastic, as does your to.die.for mango jelly roll. LOVE mango anything..and love jelly rolls. More ‘Lora’ recipe bookmarks!