Farfalle con Broccoli Rapini ed Asiago-Farfalle with Broccoli Rabe and Asiago Cheese

by cakeduchess on June 9, 2011 · 21 comments

farfalle2
I’ve got a new man in my life! I know I should be a little more discreet. But it’s difficult to hide my excitement and you may understand why when you see.

I have been crushing on this gorgeous new ManPans! ManPans was kind enough to send the chef and I their 12” sauté pan. Fabrizio was thrilled because he said we can cook so many things in it. I love the “we” part because that means my chef is planning to do some more cooking at home now that it is summer time!

I was so impressed with how light the pan is! It is durable and heat resistant of up to 700 F. That is molto caldo! The handle design is my favorite part. No matter how hot the pan gets, the handle never gets hot. I can use my metal utensils and they won’t scratch the special non-stick coating. What makes the ManPans company even more special is their commitment to creating green products. I can’t stop looking at their collection and am dreaming of what pan I need to get next!
Now on to my REAL life crush: my chef-hubby Fabrizio! You don’t know how thrilled I am when he has a night off and time to cook for us. The kids love to help him learn how to chop vegetables. I love learning a new recipe or cooking method. We truly enjoy our cooking time together. The mess that happens after is not something I’m ready to chronicle yet. Fabrizio moves at lightning speed and is used to having a crew in the kitchen to clean up after him. Winking smile

This is a dish we make at least twice a month. It’s another way to get our kids to eat more veggies…and that is very important.Smile

Farfalle con Broccoli Rapini ed Asiago

1 lb broccoli rabe
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 small onion, chopped
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Asiago cheese, to taste (or grated Parmigiano Reggiano)
salt & pepper, to taste
red pepper flakes (optional)
save a 1/2 cup cooking water from the pasta

Rinse and drain the broccoli rabe. Cut the tough ends off (about 2 inches off) and cut the other part in two more portions.

In a medium sized sauce pan, boil the broccoli rabe for about 3 minutes. In another large sauce pan, boil the pasta until al dente.
Sautee the onion and garlic on medium-high heat until the onion is translucent.DSCN8516
Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for about 3 minutes.
Toss in the broccoli rabe and incorporate it with the tomato mixture and cook for another 2-3 minutes. The broccoli should be al dente.
Incorporate the drained pasta to the broccoli mixture. Drizzle on a little more olive oil and grate on some Asiago cheese. If you feel the pasta is dry, add on the reserved pasta water.
Buon Appetito! Hope you LOVE one of our FAVORITE pasta dishes.Smile

Thanks for stopping by to say hi!! Hope your week has been fabulous! Thank you, as always, for your support and wonderful comments. You all mean the world to me.

Marnely Rodriguez June 10, 2011 at 12:14 am

Yei for more time in the kitchen with the Hubby Chef! Love the Asiago-Grater picture, gorgeous! Looks delicious!

Amy June 10, 2011 at 12:27 am

It’s beautiful! I’ve never heard of ManPans before. They sound awesome.

Amy @ A Little Nosh

Rachel June 10, 2011 at 12:38 am

this looks amazing! it has all of my comfort food ingredients. I’ll definitely have to try it this weekend.

Beth June 10, 2011 at 12:38 am

If it would get my kids to eat veggies, I’d make it every day!

Junia June 10, 2011 at 12:45 am

i’ve heard so many great things about broccoli rabe esp. with pasta! how is it different from normal broccoli?? are there dishes that you prefer to use it in over the normal kind?

Chris June 10, 2011 at 1:02 am

Oh yum! I just got some broccoli from my CSA…and of course their amazing pecorino romano! I may have to alter the recipe a tad to sub those in, ohhh…but I *could* throw in some swiss chard as well, then it would almost be broccoli rabe :)

I have cuisinart’s green saute pans, and I love them. They are good up to 500 degrees I believe, and made with recycled stainless with a ceramic coating. I like the idea of using metal utensils with the manpans. I’ll have to check them out!

Hester aka The Chef Doc June 10, 2011 at 3:13 am

This is absolutely one of my favorite dishes, too! I’m so glad you guys all got to prepare it and eat it together :-) Hooray for these new ManPans; I’m going to have to look into them!

Maris (In Good Taste) June 10, 2011 at 9:22 am

You do have one gorgeous husband! Love the pan and the delicious pasta dish you made in it!

Pretend Chef June 10, 2011 at 12:39 pm

I love how it is a family affair. I miss being in the kitchen with my mama. Now if only I could get my toddler and guy interested in really helping out… with the dishes. Haha! This dish looks amazing. I would love a plate of this for dinner tonight. Yummy!

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels June 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Mmmm pasta this looks so good. Please come make dinner for me! :)

The Vanilla Bean Baker June 10, 2011 at 4:11 pm

That pan is almost as gorgeous as the Farfelle con Broccoli Rapini ed Asiago your husband prepared, but not nearly as gorgeous as the chef hinmself :)

chefpandita.com June 10, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Ahhh you are such a lucky girl! I met ManPans through Rachael [fujimama] and been crushing on them ever since! You and your hubby are such a cute couple, great genetics on both sides ;)

Magic of Spice June 10, 2011 at 11:08 pm

I love that this pan is “green” will have to look them up.
And as for the dish…major love here!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend…

Happy When Not Hungry June 11, 2011 at 1:19 am

What a beautiful dish!!! This looks delicious. I definitely need to try!

Pachecopatty June 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm

I’m loving your pasta, nice photos;-)

Roxana GreenGirl June 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm

I have to look for those “Green” pans, sound great.
Yeay for the summer time and more dishes from your favorite Chef :)
The pasta looks amazing, thanks for sharing Lora

happy weekend

p.s. can’t wait for the post with the cheesy polenta, I love home made polenta

Baking Serendipity June 12, 2011 at 12:09 am

This pasta dish looks fantastic! My favorite way to eat veggies is with pasta :) And those pans sound awesome! I have a Calphalon set from my wedding and I love the non-stick but hate searching around for a special utensil, especially when I’m cooking and everything needs to happen at once! I’ll definitely have to keep my eyes out for them :)

Reeni June 12, 2011 at 1:31 am

Love the pans – especially the design of the handle! That is one fresh and delicious pasta – you all have such fun together in the kitchen! xoxo

Jamie June 15, 2011 at 7:06 am

Sexy is a man in the kitchen, right? My husband has been making all of our meals since he stopped working (went on sabbatical!) and I so love it! And I’ll be posting his recipes, too. I LOVE what Fabrizio made! Ooh light, healthy and so yummy! Great recipe, great idea!

Foodiva June 20, 2011 at 11:01 am

After this glowing review, I’m definitely getting myself a ManPan for my house! Now how do I go about getting a real-life chef to come with that? ;-) That pasta dish looks the bomb, btw, and so healthy too.

Linda September 25, 2011 at 12:59 pm

I love this recipe. Some of my favorite ingredients, so fresh, and healthy. I’m glad I stopped by to look at this for the recipe and the pan. I’ve never heard of that pan or company and I’ll check it out right now. Thanks!