Before we get to the story of this drink…in case you missed it, I was a guest poster on Chef Dennis’ blog on Friday! Here is the link to my Chocolate-Caramel Holiday Cake. It has NUTELLA in it! Thank you Chef Dennis for having my cake and having me as a guest on your FANTASTIC blog! Go on over and say “Hello!” to Chef Dennis. He is one of the nicest bloggers you will meet!
The Negroni Sbagliato is basically a Negroni that calls for prosecco or asti spumante instead of gin. Sbagliato in Italian means “wrong” or “mistaken,” as in, “I goofed on this negroni and grabbed the wrong bottle! And it tastes GOOD!”
*I adjusted this recipe a bit. More Campari. A little extra spumante. That was just to our taste.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce Martini and Rossi sweet vermouth
- 1 ounce dry spumante
- Orange slice for garnish
Fill a rocks glass with ice. Add Campari, vermouth and spumante, in that order. Gently stir and garnish with orange slice.
Award time! Lizzie from Food and Thrift Finds gave me a Stylish Blog Award. Your blog is definitely STYLISH and full of so many delicious recipes! THANK YOU for thinking of me!
*To accept this award, there are 4 rules:*
1. Thank the person who gave you the award:
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Pass the award on to bloggers
you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4. Contact the bloggers you picked and let them know about the award.
Seven things about me!
1) I speak 4 1/2 languages. I would check out language CD series at the library when I was younger and teach myself new words in as many different languages as possible. A little geeky.
2) I’ve lived in Italy and France. Spent a good amount of time in Ecuador (yes, Ecuador).
3) I’m an Italian soccer fan. I once saw Fiorentina play my dad’s hometown in Sicily. That was a memorable game. My aunt conveniently lives in front of the soccer stadium.
4) Baking is therapeutic to me. If I’m in a bad mood, all I have to do is start mixing some cake batter.
5) I’ve been told I should’ve been a detective. I like to solve mysteries. Like the time these wackos ran over our roof. I figured out before the police man did that the taxi cab slowly cruising by was looking for them. They stiffed the cab driver. He was an unhappy cabbie looking for his fare. We got left with a broken fence and some nasty looking shoe that the one guy lost.
6) Or a truffle sniffing dog. I have an eerily strong sense of smell. It annoys my husband.
7) I dream of living on a farm in Italy one day. With chickens. A cow. Maybe a fluffy sheep. Lots of dogs. A cat or two. And of course my kids! ANDDDD my hubby!lol
I pass this Stylish Award on to 10 super cool bloggers:
Chef Dennis More than a Mount Full
Brian A Thought for Food
Aggie Aggie’s Kitchen
Shulie Food Wanderings
Amanda Baking Without a Box
Monet Anecdotes and Apple Cores
Deb Smith Bites
Mardi Eat Live Travel Write
Lindsey Gingerbread Cake
Sara Baking Serendipity
Sara One Tribe Gourmet
Dara Cookin Canuck
Jamie Life’s a Feast
Ethan Tastes Better with Friends
Gina What’s for Dinner Across State Lines
Claire Claire Cooks
I have seen people award to as little as 4 or as many as 30. I could have kept on listing people!! I think ALL of you are SUPER STYLISH! I appreciate your support. I appreciate your comments. I LOVE seeing your recipes and learning more about you from your blogs!