Pumpkin Cookies with White Chocolate Chips and White Chocolate Icing

by cakeduchess on October 27, 2010 · 26 comments

Oh boy. This pumpkin problem is bigger than what I had thought. I just can’t stop.
My husband said I have to stop baking like this. I think we all just need to up our exercise regimens. Because the holidays are just around the corner…and it will only get worse.
So here is my proposition: Why don’t we just go with it! Let’s keep on enjoying all this yumminess. Keep on baking. I think it is better than buying processed baked goods. Not that there is any thing wrong with boxed cakes and pies. Especially the ones from Costco.
But seriously, just go with it!
Here is why you should go with these cookies. The competition is tough out there…so I upped the ante a little with a white chocolate icing. I knew you sweet readers would thank me. So, you’re welcome.
The cookie batter is similar to the one I made for my Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (oh gosh, those were insanely good too!).  The white chocolate chunks adds this delicate sweetness. Your teeth will start to hurt with the drizzle of white chocolate icing. I know, it’s awful. If you want to give your teeth a little break, the cookie is scrumptious even without the icing. If you are not a big white chocolate fan, you could certainly use regular chocolate. If you want to go a little crazy, use both!
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies with White Chocolate Icing

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (I used white chocolate baking bars and cut them into chunks)

Frosting ingredients:
1/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray the paper with baking spray (or you could butter than paper).

Sift flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium sized bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the sugars, butter, and vanilla. Mix in the pumpkin and the eggs until it is all mixed well (for about 1 minute). Add in the dry ingredients, and mix well. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing so there aren’t any chunks of flour not mixed in. Fold in the white chocolate chips (or chunks).
Use an ice-cream scoop (I used a regular size), and scoop the cookies onto your prepared trays. Make sure there is about 2 inches of space in between them as they will spread out. Gently flatten out the rounds with a butter knife.
Bake the cookies for about 15-18 minutes (depending on your oven)or until almost no indentation remains when touched in center. I baked both trays at one time and they baked evenly. Depending on your oven, you may need to bake them one tray at a time. Remove to rack and cool completely.

White Chocolate Icing

In a medium sized pan on medium-low heat, melt 1/4 cup white chocolate chips. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the powdered sugar and tablespoon of water. Whisk together this icing until it is smooth. Place the icing into a small resealable freezer plastic bag. Cut a tip off of one of the corners. Gently squeeze the bag to drizzle the icing or to make a design onto your cookies. Let stand until they set.

Evan Thomas October 27, 2010 at 1:20 pm

White chocolate and pumpkin is such a lovely combination.

Lindsey @ Gingerbread Bagels October 27, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Oh you know I so agree with you on just going with it! :) Your pumpkin cookies look sooo delicious and I absolutely love how you put white chocolate in them. And then you went and put a white chocolate glaze on them?!?! OH MY WORD! I’m in love with you cookies. They’re so tasty and beautiful looking. I could seriously eat a dozen. I’m still drooling… ;)

Emily Malloy October 27, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Yum! Love the simplicity, yet full flavor within the cookies!

Roxan October 27, 2010 at 3:13 pm

I love your attitude… Just go with it! And I could definitely go with these pumpkin cookies. I love the addition of white chocolate and the icing on top.

moonglowgardens October 27, 2010 at 4:07 pm

Definitely Going With It! Now we need that on t-shirts. Who’s designing? We do have to take longer walks – - – on the beach for you, how lucky! Me, daily quick mile run.

Camala - CC Recipe October 27, 2010 at 4:48 pm

These sound awesome, I absolutely love anything with white chocolate so this has 2 specials to get my attention:)

Lizzy October 27, 2010 at 5:36 pm

I’ve heard the same thing from my husband! And I know I would love the pumpkin and white chocolate combo…yum.

The Comfort of Cooking October 27, 2010 at 6:37 pm

You know, I have been looking for a good pumpkin cookie for a while now, and I think I just may have found it in your recipe! These cookies look so cakey and moist, and absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing. I’ll definitely be making these soon.

Susi October 27, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Lora these cookies sound wonderful but the white chocolate frosting is what takes them over the top for me and sets them apart from other pumpkin cookies out there. Beautiful! I need to bookmark them and make them for my kids who I know will love them :o)

Kristen October 28, 2010 at 12:31 am

fantastic!

Lindsey October 28, 2010 at 3:19 am

Oh these look delightful! Loving the pumpkin… loving the white chocolate… I think I’m sold! :)

Lindsey October 28, 2010 at 3:23 am

Oh wow, these look amazing! Loving the pumpkin cookie… loving the white chocolate… I think I’m sold! :)

Monet October 28, 2010 at 4:10 am

I adore pumpkin cookies. I first made them during the big election two years ago. All of my friends loved them! But I am so excited to try your version. I think white chocolate and pumpkin sounds like a perfect combination! Thanks for sharing.

Koci October 28, 2010 at 6:01 am

Oooh these look amazing! You can never get enough pumpkin-y goodness. Plus white chocolate? YUM!! Love the icing!

<br><br><br><br><br>Dr.Sameena Prathap October 28, 2010 at 9:15 am

Hi,

They looks so cute and yumm…:)

Dr.Sameena@

Jamie October 28, 2010 at 10:39 am

I love pumpkin and always love finding new recipes so I can keep on baking with it but never repeating the same old same old. Love the cookies (though the white choc will have to be replaced with milk or dark choc!). Scrumptious and a great snack.

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. October 28, 2010 at 1:56 pm

These sound great. My kids would love them!

Bridgett October 28, 2010 at 7:22 pm

No need to stop, I love pumpkin too and this is such a fun recipe my whole family will like.

oliepants October 28, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Pumpkin and white chocolate is such a great combo!! Love your cookies!

Diana's Cocina October 29, 2010 at 5:07 am

This makes a great treat. I’m such a fan of all things pumpkin!

Susan @ The Spice Garden October 29, 2010 at 12:30 pm

I, too, have been inspired by ‘the pumpkin fever’ but these cookies look just over the top … I never would have thought of white chocolate chips! Genius!

Val October 29, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Wow, these look and sound so tasty! I heart your blog. New follower = )

baking.serendipity October 30, 2010 at 12:12 am

I love pumpkin, but surprisingly have never combined it with white chocolate chips before…yum!

Cristina @ TeenieCakes November 4, 2010 at 5:29 am

These cookies look divine, especially with the white chocolate icing. I can’t get enough of pumpkin based desserts and dishes right now. I may have to try this during the weekend! :)

claire November 29, 2010 at 7:33 pm

just happened upon your blog- these look so great! that icing is the perfect touch! yum!

laura October 18, 2011 at 3:25 am

just found your blog. i like your style! keep baking!