Fall Carrot Cranberry Cake

by cakeduchess on October 13, 2010 · 14 comments

Life is good. Life is better with good food. Life is the best with great Italian food. Occasionally, you may come across my strong opinions here on Cake Duchess. I am passionate about great Italian food. I am very picky about what I consider great Italian food. You may know my husband is an Executive Chef from Italy. I spent part of my childhood in Italy. I have spent alot of my grown-up years in Italy. I know great Italian food. I’m a little snobby about it. There is one blog out there in this vast internet that KNOWS great Italian food. Paula from Bellalimento is an Italian food connoisseur. Not only is she super talented, she is also really nice. Sometimes we talk about how much fun we would have if we were neighbors. One day we will have a farm in Italy. Paula told me she’d clean the chicken coops and I will gather the eggs. Not a bad deal, right? I told you she was nice.
I love carrot cakes. I love really moist and flavorful carrot cakes. Carrot cakes remind me of  when I was a little girl. I remember my mom always making carrot cakes. Mom knows how to make an amazing carrot cake. It seriously is the BEST carrot cake I have ever had. I have taken mom’s recipe and changed it just a little. I didn’t want mom to get too mad at me. I know you will add this recipe to your collection and share it with all your friends. You can omit the nut part if you are allergic. It will still be fabulous.
Look at my fall flowers. Aren’t they gorgeous?!? I have pink, hot pink, and lavender bougainvillea in my yard. I also have those splendid golden trumpets. Forget the flowers…look at that cake! Please visit sweet Paula at  Bellalimento and her gorgeous blog to get the recipe. You will spend hours just browsing through it. Paula is also a contestant in Project Food Blog. Show your support and cast a vote for her!

Thank you! Grazie! Merci! Gracias!

wenderly October 13, 2010 at 8:19 pm

Yum-o-rama! Looks and sounds fabulous! I’m on my way to visit Bellalimento now…

dejavucook October 13, 2010 at 9:03 pm

OMG, that is one carrot cake I will eat. Weather is getting better for bakers here in Florida. LOVE all your cakes. But I will eat ALL of it!

Butter October 13, 2010 at 10:10 pm

Okay, I am beside myself with this post – can we say SHOWSTOPPER!
- Butter
(from Running On Butter)

Susi October 13, 2010 at 10:30 pm

Lovely carrot cake and great pictures :o) I’ll have to jump over to Bellalimento to check out the recipe :o)

Elisabeth October 14, 2010 at 12:29 am

Lora, I’m so thrilled that I inspired you to make your favorite childhood carrot cake, that I used to make for you. I like the “new wave” concept of the dried cranberries, and the trail mix, that you used…and oh, that decadent creme cheese frosting, with the crystallized ginger. I am really proud of you, that you have come such a long way with your love for baking! You sure put smiles on all of our faces, (not to mention for some of us…pounds!)
Love,
Mom

baking.serendipity October 14, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Your flowers are gorgeous and so is that cake!

Carolyn October 14, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Your cake AND your fall flowers are gorgeous! I wish I could have a slice right now.

Megan October 14, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Gorgeous cake and gorgeous flowers!

Monet October 14, 2010 at 4:35 pm

What a beautiful cake and flowers. We adore carrot cake (we actually served it as our wedding cake last year) and I could easily enjoy a slice everyday. Thank you for sharing your lovely cake with us. I love the addition of cranberries!

Chow and Chatter October 15, 2010 at 1:54 am

wow what a cake love your blog as well, got me with this cake following – Rebecca

Koci October 15, 2010 at 3:44 am

What a gorgeous cake! I love the topping–so colorful and cute! Of course the cake itself sounds pretty yummy as well. :D

Indie.Tea October 15, 2010 at 4:51 am

Yes, I do adore your fall flowers, and the cake! It looks divine..I really like the smooth luscious quality of the frosting too.

The Lonely Radish October 15, 2010 at 10:43 pm

Thanks for sending this our way :)

Paula - bell'alimento October 19, 2010 at 10:57 pm

I know I’ve already told you a million times what a gorgeous cake this is BUT I wanted to THANK YOU again for taking the time to put together such a fantastic post and share such a special cake with everyone on bell’alimento! Sei davvero favolosa ;) xoxo